I always tease Will about trying to fit too many activities into not enough time, but that is exactly what I tried to do this weekend. Grace Ann likes being busy though, so it worked out great! I knew we had a full afternoon and evening planned for Saturday, so I needed GA to take a LONG late afternoon nap. I had to find a way to keep her busy and wear her out during the morning, so we headed to the zoo. She spent most of her time pushing the stroller (so funny what entertains them!)
She also loved the hard hats in the kangaroo area!
After the zoo and a good nap, it was off the Aleah's birthday party. Aleah is one fo GA's friends from school. GA was so excited about her birthday and kept saying "happ bird-day Leah". If you notice the picture below, GA put her hands in Aleah's cake after we sang "Happy Birthday" - I'm sure Aleah's mom was thrilled! I grabbed her before too much damage was done.
The cutest part was that Grace Ann really understood that it was Aleah's party, and every time Aleah's mom or I gave her something (like a piece of cake, a drink, a party favor, etc), Grace Ann would say "Thank You Leah!" The Capri Sun drink was really a special treat because A) we only drink milk and water at home and B) I totally avoid juice boxes and things with straws because her shirt ends up looking like this:
After the party, we headed home, changed clothes and met the Moates family for dinner, swimming, and fireworks at the country club.
Here are McCartney and Elizabeth Moates- how cute are they?
Grace Ann loved having the "Big Girls" to play with!
The next day we headed to the country for the 101st annual Thomas family reunion. My Great Grandmother was one of 11 children in the Thomas family. We have a get-together every year at this reunion house which is built on the land where the original Thomas family home stood.
It is normally miserably hot, but this year it was actually very pleasant!
Papa and Aunt Emily (his sister) - aren't they cute?
Aunt Kim was trying to keep GA entertained so I could eat some lunch. She let her open every piece of gum in the pack from her purse. She is just TOO sweet (and that is why we love her so!)
We had so much fun this weekend, but I am a tired mommy!










No comments:
Post a Comment