I love spending time with my girls, but sometimes I think I'm losing my mind! Like bath time last night. . .
6:00 head toward the bathtub with girls. Get water running
6:01 Put Lizzie in her bed (fussing as I walk away) Get GA undressed, put her on potty, hear Lizzie hit her head on side of crib and start screaming.
6:05 Calm Lizzie down and return to bathroom to see that GA has all the bath toys all over the floor and had been pouring water on the side of the tub that has also covered the floor. Clean up mess and put GA in tub.
6:10 Get Liz in tub and start washing girls hair and bodies.
6:20 Get Liz out and start getting her dressed while GA screams that she wants out too and is freezing.
6:25 Put Liz back in her crib to contain her while I get GA out and dressed.
6:30 GA playing with dollhouse while I clean up the disaster that the bathroom is!.
6:35 Finally get Lizzie a bottle and sit down to feed her in GAs room while she plays thinking "Whew, thank goodness they are both clean and we are done with bathtime" Boy was I WRONG
6:40 GA pees all over the floor in her room with her footed PJs on. I guess she didn't really use the potty earlier. Run water, strip her down and put her back in tub really quick. Pull her out, dry her off and get new PJs (all the while Liz is screaming bc her bottle was interrupted! Mop floor
6:45 Run downstairs to put wet clothes in washer and return to see Lizzie with the "I'm pooping" face. Take Lizzie to change her and realize there is poop all over her back, etc. Well, the good news is that there is still water in the tub from GAs second bath. Put Liz in tub, wash her, and put on new PJs.
6:50 Finally get them downstairs, start a show for GA so Lizzie can have her bottle
Seriously?????
And that was just 45 minutes of my day! I know some of my mommy friends will laugh and know this feeling. Sometimes I think, "Ok God, what are you trying to teach me right now?" A friend of mine documented her whole day like this on her blog as a mommy of three, but I thought these 45 minutes pretty much tell the story!
No comments:
Post a Comment