Sunday, January 20, 2013

A playdate, a snow day, and other updates!

I am so sad that I have been a terrible blogger and mommy-photographer.  I looked at my camera last night to update the blog and there were only about 5 pictures this entrie month - SO SAD!  So I took a few today just to make myself feel better :-)
 
To update, we have still been fighting sickness in this house.  A round of stomach bug for me and GA along with nasty colds/coughs for all of us pretty much kept us busy the last few weeks.  I'm SO tired of someone is this house being sick, but I am so thankful that we have all recovered easily.  It's hard to complain about being sick when I see all the heart-breaking stories on Facebook of children who are fighting terrible illnesses.  Our fever viruses and upset tummies are nothing compared to what those families are going through!
 
Anyway, between sicknesses, we did have some of Grace Ann's friends over one day during the school break for a fun play day.
 
GA, Harris, and Lexi playing Dora Dance on the Wii!
playdoh
 
Lexi eating homemade ice cream!
GA wrote her name for the first time a couple of weeks ago:
 
We had a warm weekend so the girls finally got to enjoy their bounce house:
 
 
In other exciting news, we had a snow day.  I looked at all the pictures everyone posted from the snow day and everyone looked so carefree like they were just having a blast.  These may have been my feelings if I had been home with my kids when the snow started, but that was not the case.  I left work and started down the road in this:
 
 
Thank goodness Rah Rah had a carseat and was on his way to get Lizzie.  I was trying my best to get GA and Emilyn at their school.  I turned off this flat road onto a road to take me up the mountain to the school.  By that time, the roads were completely white and traffic was at a standstill.  Cars were sliding everywhere.  We would go a few feet forward only to slide back a few more.  It seemed that every car around me went into the ditch, but somehow I was able to keep changing lanes to slide around them.  There was no shoulder to the road, so I couldn't just pull off! I was TERRIFIED! Will was out of town so he couldn't help me.  I now know that I was in one of the worst areas of our city during the "snow storm" , but I didn't know that at the time.  I thought it was total chaos everywhere! If you know me, I do not like taking risks.  I like very safe, well-controlled environments.  This was a nightmare!  1 1/2 hours later I got to the school and everything got so much better.  The snow stopped coming down and starting melting on the roads.  We got home safely and the girls got to play for a few minutes.  But I have to say, I really do plan on being home the next time snow falls in Alabama. People here (including myself) are not equipped to drive in such conditions!
I was just so glad to be home that I only took two pictures!
These girls were so cute!

Sweet Em!
 
I didn't get any of Lizzie, because she kept taking her coat, hat, and gloves off, so I had to take her inside. 
 
Another excuse that I have for not blogging in lack of sleep.  Since Christmas, GA has been waking us several times each night and Lizzie has been getting up everyday between 4:45 and 5:15.  I feel like I have a newborn again!  Hoping they will remember how to sleep all night again!
 
I'm hoping to do a better job of posting and taking pictures!  I snapped these after church today.  Nothing brings me more joy than capturing these sweet moments with my girls!
 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment