Will has a tournament coming up in Montgomery, and he wanted to play a practice round today. I've really been wanting to take GA to the Montgomery Zoo to see an elephant (we don't have one at our zoo), so we decided to tag along. I was so impressed with the Montgomery Zoo. It is definitely different from our zoo. There are not as many species of animals, but the habitats are much more attractive. I thought the animals were easier to see, and I love that it just felt more spacious. There were also a few animals that we don't have at our zoo, so it was fun to get to see some new things. They also didn't charge me since I have a zoo membership here (I think they are supposed to charge half price, but they just let me in free), and they let you bring your own food inside. I only spent $2 for the train ride. It was definitely worth the trip!
on the train
eating our snack at the picnic tables
(side note- We have just discovered a wonderful treat! Yoplait Whips yogurts are wonderful if you freeze them! Keep them in the freezer, take them out about 30 minutes before you are ready to eat, and then enjoy! Will and I have been having this instead of ice cream for a healthier late night snack. YUM! Also, they are great to pull out of the freezer and take in the cooler for lunch later.)
proud of herself for putting something in the trash
On the way home, we stopped at one of my favorite places - Peach Park! We had peach cobbler, a fried peach pie, and some peach ice cream. Mmmmm good!
It was a great day! I definitely want to do it again when the weather is much cooler!






No comments:
Post a Comment