Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Last Summer Day

I wanted to make sure that I spent my last full summer day spending time with GA doing things that she enjoys.  When she woke up, I asked her where she wanted to go.  She replied, "Church!"  We didn't go to church, but we did have a nice day! We started very early at the park.  It was HOT, but GA enjoyed the slide



After the park, we went for a little shopping at GA's favorite stores, Barnes and Noble and Learning Express.  We didn't buy a single item, but she loves looking at the books and toys and playing at the train tables. 
For lunch, we went to her favorite spot:
We LOVE Panera Bread!  If you have not tried their macaroni, you are missing out!  It is wonderful, and GA loves it!  I also feel that Panera is fairly healthy - they use mostly natural ingredients and your kid's meal comes with organic yogurt! (We also love Jason's Deli for the same reasons - they don't use any MSG, trans fat, etc. and instead use lots of organics.  They also serve kid's meals with organic milk!) Anyway, GA ate all of her meal except the two bites of macaroni that I had to have!
After lunch, we went home for a quick visit from Rah Rah, a nap, and some lounging with "all the Minnie's".
As you can see, we really NEED our bows these days in order to see!

Can you say spoiled? I know this is ridiculous, but she LOVES her Minnie and Mickey dolls.  Linda brought the big ones this week.  They were Jennifer's when she was little.  They are as tall and GA! So fun!

When Will got off work, we headed to the pool!
We ended our day with her favorite supper - spaghetti!  I know that two pasta meals and no real veggies all day isn't great parenting, but it was just one day!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Panera's mac & cheese too!!! So glad yall had a good last day of summer! Can't wait to see yall next Saturday!

    ReplyDelete