Monday, April 9, 2012

2012 Easter Activities

This post is mostly for my own record and to remember things we did so I can do them again!  Easter is probably my MOST FAVORITE holiday!  I love all the pastel colors, flowers, egg hunts, and of course the celebration of Jesus and His sacrifice for us! This year was so special, because GA was old enough to really understand the reason we celebrate Easter.  Of course she still has a lot to learn, but I think she really "got it" that Easter is about Jesus rising from the grave. We really soaked in the entire Easter season and did lots of "projects" as GA calls them! 

We made moss crosses for the doors. This is a phone picture and doesn't look that great, but from the street I thought they were so pretty! Thanks Pinterest!

We made flower arrangements for our teachers.  (Vases were 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby and I got them for $1.25. I bought a bouquet at Costco and separated 5 ways)

Tag for GA's teachers' flowers

Tag for Lizzie's teachers!

Card we sent to grandparents, aunts, and uncles

We made treat bags for GA's school party.  Yes, we are still using pink tulle from GA's bday party!

We dyed eggs of course!

glitter and sequin eggs

GA separated jelly beans for the vase below.

We made this vase for our Sunday school egg hunt food table. Again, thank you Pinterest.

We made resurrection rolls.  They were apparently a great teaching tool since GA told the entire church about them this morning (more on that in next post).

We read this book a lot.  I think it is great at telling the Easter story on a perfect 3-year-old level!

No comments:

Post a Comment