Sunday, April 29, 2012

Lizzie is ONE!

I really cannot believe that my baby girl is already one year old! We had a couple of friends over for a birthday dinner to celebrate.

 She was pretty tired by this point!
 She made a mess of her cupcake, but I don't think she really ate any.


Lizzie is truly a wonderful baby!  She is a great sleeper - she has slept 10 hours a night since she was 6 weeks old and takes 2 good naps a day.  She is happy most of the time unless she is sleepy or if she is constrained in a seat.  She HATES carseats, strollers, shopping carts, etc.  She justs wants to be on the ground so she can move!

She can walk 3-4 feet at a time now.  She is still crawling more than walking but I'm sure that will change in the next few weeks.  She is also talking!  She says "mama", "dada", "ball", "deer" (as in the ones on our walls), "pi pi" (paci), "uh oh", and "night night".

 She is getting to be a better eater.  She still will rarely eat off a spoon, but she will eat most anything she can pick up.  Our big problem now is that she won't drink milk or formula from a cup.  She loves water in a cup, but only wants milk in a bottle.  I'm ready to be done with bottles, but I'm worried she needs to keep getting milk.  We will ask Dr. Gilbert what to do at our 1 year check up.
 She LOVES her Daddy just like her big sister (I'm pretty fond of him myself :-) and she wants his attention as soon as he walks in room.  She also LOVES music.  She dances by shaking her head.  It is so adorable! She doesn't love TV like GA, but always dances and starts watching if Mickey's "Hotdog" song or Dora's "We did it"  song comes on.  She will also "NaaaaNaNaNaNaNa" to the Fresh Beat Band.  So funny! I've tried to get videos, but she always stops when she sees the camera!

Compared to Grace Ann, she has a much more laid back personality, but she is more physically active. She loves school even though she only goes once a week.  She even reaches for the teacher when we get there! But when I pick her up she rushes to the door, climbs in my arms, and bursts into tears like she is saying "How could you leave me?" 
We ADORE this little girl!
Happy Birthday baby Lizzie!

No comments:

Post a Comment